Dayara Bugyal Trek
Dayara Bugyal Trek
Dayara Bugyal is a Bugyal in the Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. Dayara Bugyal is a popular Trekking and Camping Destination. The Bugyal has an average elevation of 3639m and is around 40 km from Uttarkashi. Dayara Bugyal is nestled between the Deodar and Rhododendron trees and is rich in flora and fauna.
The trail unveils expansive grasslands, alpine lakes and trickling streams that lull the senses with a sylvan symphony. The wondrous grasslands of Dayara Bugyal are locked in a Himalayan embrace and make for an ideal long weekend trek.
Butter Festival - Butter Festival Dayara Bugyal
Dayara bugyal Butter festival is same as Holi festival in north India. Butter festival also called Anduri Uttsav. Raithal village and some nearby village organized milk butter festivalis.
Anduri is a celebration of offering thanks to natural force. Local people rush with their steers to the meadow of Dayara. They are seen communicating their affection for the Dayara knolls, which give grain to their cottle. The memorable continuing begins with somewhere in the range of 500 villagers, who are seen playing Holi with butter milk on the slopes of Dayara.
It is a cheerful sight to see local people singing, moving and celebrating with margarine spread appearances. After this, nearby youngsters are seen displaying social projects. Expound productions of Lord Krishna are finished by them, with full outfit and make up.
The celebration has slowly caught attention of trekkers and travellers alike. So next time you need to play Butter Holi on a trek, you know where to head.
Dayara Bugyal Bird Watching and Animals
Dayara Bugyal trek is famous for its rolling meadows, beautiful forests filled with oaks and maples. But not many know that this trek is also a birder’s paradise.
Trekkers usually look at Deoriatal-Chandrashila trek as a trail to spot different varieties of birds. Well, it is. But so is Dayara Bugyal trek.
With this gallery, fresh from the latest autumn trek to Dayara Bugyal, trekker Madhav Anand drives this point home.
Here are the birds he spotted on the Dayara Bugyal trek: Gray BushchatGray, Bushchat
Black-throated Tit, Eurasian Jay, Himalayan Bulbul, Indian White-eye, Plumbeous Water Redstart, Red-flanked Bluetail, Scarlet Minivet etc.
Mountain ranges visible from Dayara Bugyal Trek
Dayara Bugyal and Bakaria Top offer majestic views of high Himalayan peaks! The peaks visible from there are –, Rudregaira, Gangotri I, II & III, Jaonli, Draupadi ka Danda I & II, Black peak, Bandarpoonch, and many other unnamed peaks are visible from Dayara Bugyal meadow But, do not miss heavenly sunrise and sunsets views during your trek.
Why you should go for Dayara Bugyal Trek
Relax and enjoy some peaceful time by camping on the Barnala Tal lakeside.
Encounter wild animals, while trekking through the oak and pine tree forest trails.
Catch sight of snow covered peaks like Bandarpooch (6,316 m), Bhagirathi (6921 m) and Black Peak (2,734 m).
Dayara Bugyal, among all the trekking routes in Uttarakhand is the most spectacular. This trek takes us to Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand, where we reach a meadow high above the ground. It is between 10,000-12,500 feet.
Is it safe trek for me ?
Yes the Dayara bugyal trek is very safe. All our professional strive our best to provide trekkers with the best experience possible.
Daira Bugyal is a very safe trek where you can go without any fear, We keep on doing treks in some family groups every year in which small children up to 5 years of age are taken. No point is difficult in this trek, it is definitely that this trek is uphill and after summit dayara bugyal or bakariya top downhill trek
Best time to visit dayara bugyal trek winter only and summer trek best time only May and June, you get a combination of both greenery and snow, which makes the trek very spectacular. The weather in May and June is quite good and trek friendly, which makes trekking a lot of fun.
During the day the temperature of Dayara bugyal is around Winter temperature is -3°C to -5 °C and during the night the temperature comes down to -5 °C to -15 °C which is not bad.
Dayara bugyal is a very beautiful winter or summer trek and an uphill trek in the uttarakhand Himalayas, The dayara bugyal Trek is great for those people who have a great passion for mountaineering and consider it a special purpose in their life. Despite the fact that the top is relatively low in elevation, we recommend physical endurance and a strong fitness record.
When does snow fall start in Dayara bugyal trek?
In Dayara bugyal trek, especially snow fall time occurs only in December, but sometimes it happens in early November as well, it is seasonal.
By the way, if it rains sometimes even in October, then the Dayara bugyal Summit becomes snowfall, but I do not know much longer.
The snow that falls from 15th December lasts for a long time.
Dayara bugyal trek has the highest snowfall in the months of January and February, which lasts till the last of May, does not melt easily.
What should you keep in mind for the Dayara bugyal trek ?
Dayara bugyal trek is as good as it is said, you also need to be prepared., Dayara bugyal trek is a moderate trek which starts from Barsu Village and ends after trek Raithal Village
So what are the special things to keep in mind before coming on this trek?
Dayara bugyal trek is one such trek, which you can do this trek all 12 months, winter, Summer, or Monsoon, this is very safe trek in Uttarakhand Himalayas
- In Dayara bugyal winter trek , you will need warm clothes a lot, for which you will need proper good uniform clothes
- Winters are always cold, so only warm clothes can keep you safe on trek
- Always take the information from the company with which you are booking the trek before going on the trek, what do we need to bring
- In the winter season, the temperature always drops day by day , so warm clothes will help you a lot.
- Summer trek to Dayara bugyal trek is very special, the view and the temperature are all favorable to you
- For summer trek, you have to bring only normal clothes, so that your trek can be good, there is no need for hot clothes, but in hiking it is also necessary to bring all the equipment which is necessary for you.
- It is necessary to have 3 pairs of clothes from trekking, especially the poncho, you will have to bring every season
- In the summer season, the temperature is always normal, so there is no need for hot clothes.
- During the monsoon season, it rains occasionally during the Dayara bugyal trek especially in the Uttarakhand Himalayas , so if you have dry clothes here, it is very good, even when wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time you have to bring at least 3 pairs of clothes, for monsoon trek you do not have to bring too warm clothes, at this time you, hiking pants and t-Sart, I can trek
- It’s only a little cold in the morning and evening and the day is a good temperature for you
- Before going on any trek, it will be easy for you to take information related to each season.
- Trekkers need to know about these, you can ask us anytime like, Dayara bugyal trek route, trek map, temperature, weather conditions, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach Dayara bugyal, trek distance etc, Trek Location, keep this information before going
The altitude we are going to cover per day
Rathil Village – 7,423 ft
Gui camp – 9,750 ft
Dayara Bugyal Altitude – 11,181 ft
Bakaria Top – 12,645 ft
Key Points of Dayara Bugyal Winter trek
Duration: – 03 Nights 04 Days from Dehradun to Dehradun
Base camp: – Trek Start of Raithal village
Summer Temperature: – Day 5°C to 15°C) and Night 2° C to 8° C)
Winter Temperature: – Day -2°C to -5° C) and Night -5°C to -12°C)
Dayara Bugyal Altitude: – 11,181 feet
Best Time: – All year
Dayara bugyal trek Costs – Per Person Rs. 6,999.00 Includes all costs of the trek from Dehradun to Dehradun, this costs only for fixed departures Group,
Trek Level: – Moderate
Trek distance: – On foot 24 Km – By taxi 350 km
Group Size: – minimum 6 peoples and max 20 peoples
My personal belief is that people can do this trek from a minimum age of 8 year to 60 year.
But it is necessary to be fit to do this trek
And you can do this trek in the year; these are the plan for both summer and winter,
For Winter Trek, I think it is necessary for people from age of 10 year to 55 year
This trek will be a relief and joy for the first time visitors. This trek will increase new energy and confidence in you
Short Itinerary of Dayara Bugyal Trek
Day 1- Pick up to you from Dehradun railway station – Drive to Raitha village – 170 Km (7/8 Hours (7,415 feet) night stay home stay
Day 2 –Trek from Raithal village to Gui Camp (05 km) (4/5 Hours) (9,891 feet) night stay camp
Day 3 – Trek from Gui Camp to Dayara Bugyal summit Explore Day Bakaria top summit back to camp (12 km) (7/8 Hours) overnight stay camp
Day 4 –Trek from Gui Camp to Raithal Village (5 km) (2/3 Hours) Same day Drive to Dehradun by taxi (170 km) (7/8 Hours)
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and Dinner
- Good Experience Local Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items
- Personal Medicine kit