The Satopanth Expedition is the Second highest mountain in the Gangotri group in Uttarakhand
Satopanth Meaning in the local language is “True Pathway to Haven”. Satopanth Expedition is at an elevation of 7075 meters. It is second-highest mountain in the Gangotri group which lies in a remote region of Uttarakhand.
This mountain is impressively large, catching all the attention of climbers.
Satopanth is a technical peak, need to proper knowledge of technical claiming equipment or person equipment
The Satopanth Expedition split glaciers and the approach is difficult. There is the snow slopes and sharp ridges before the summit boost the adventure 100 times than any other expedition.
You need technical knowledge to traverse this terrible mountain. While climbing you will need the proper equipment like ropes, ice axes crampons, etc.
Satopanth expedition Trek is an Enchant Gangotri valley in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarkashi district in Uttarakhand India,
This Expedition comes under Gangotri National park.
No doubt, the Himalayas have enchanting beauty, bracing climate, and desirable soothing green meadow. So, what else can be better than spending some days here in the serenity on the Expedition!
Avid Trekkers Prepare Yourself for the Satopanth Expedition same as the Mt. Everest.
The highest peak Mt. Everest is at an elevation of 8,848 meters. the height of Mt. Satopanth Expedition is 7075 meters. So you can prepare yourself by climbing this mountain to get good experience and knowledge for the future.
The Surpassing Sights in Satopanth Expedition
So, You will get amazed by the close views of Gangotri Glacier and Bhagirathi (II) (III), Mt. Thalay Sagar and Mt. Shivling. Therefore, the famous trekking destinations covered on this trek are – Gomukh, Tapovan, and Nandanvan.
Also, Vasuki Tal and, further passes through the verdant forests of pine and cedar which ahead merges with the glaciated tracks.
Most importantly, come across the colorful beauty of Flora and Fauna while exploring this remote region.
Highlights of Satopanth Expedition
- Level: – Technical, Difficult, or Challenging
- During the trek, proper conditioning & training of the body is required.
- In addition, the need for proper gear & clothing for low-temperature Satopanth expedition
- Furthermore, shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- In addition, the backpack should not exceed 15 kg.
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed in during the Expedition
- need to proper knowledge of technical claiming equipment’s
Key Points of Satopanth Expedition
- Duration: – 20 Nights 21 Days – from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Base camp: – Gangotri
- Temperature: – Gangotri to Vasuki Tal Day (5°C to 10°C) Night (-2° C to 6° C)
- Temperature – Vasuki Tal to base camp to Satopanth Summit – Day (- 2°C to 5°C)Night (-2° C to -15° C, Above
- Satopanth Expedition – Altitude: – 7075 Meter
- Best Time: – After 2nd week of May, June, September, and October
- Expedition Level: – Technical, Difficult, or Challenging
- Group Size: – Need to Minimum Group sized 4 people maximum, 10 people
Please carry the documents given below
Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voters ID, etc,
Passport and Visa important to foreigners
Medical Certificate (First part should be filled by the Doctor and Second part by the Trekker)
Note: – Many trekkers commit the same mistake of carrying unnecessary items on a trek which only makes the backpack heavy. It is important to know the right items to carry.
It differs from season to season if you are trekking in summers then carry less layers of warm clothing and if you are trekking in winters carry enough layers to protect yourself against chilly cold.
Start from 10 aug to 30 aug 2022
Day 1- Uttarkashi to Gangotri-100 km By drive.
Day 2- Gangotri to bhujvasa-14km by trek.
Day 3- Bhujwvasa to Nandan van-12 km.
Day 4- nanadan van to vasukital- 7km.
Day 5- rest day and load distribution in base camp
Day 6- load ferry to camp1
Day 7- load ferry to camp1
Day 8- load ferry to camp1
Day 9- shift to camp1
Day 10- route open and rope fix to summit camp
Day 11- route open + load ferry to summit camp
Day 12- load ferry to summit camp
Day 13- shift of climbing team to summit camp
Day 14- route open and rope fix to summit
Day 15- route open and rope fix to summit
Day 16- clients shift in summit camp
Day 17- summit day and back to summit camp
Day 18- summit camp closing and back to base camp
Day 19- rest day and load distribution day
Day 20- Vasuki tal to gangotri.....
Note:- 3 days extra for buffer
Total days= 25 days.
- Transfer facility from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Accommodation in Hotel on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and Dinner
- Good Experience Local Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Expertise Trek Leader, fluent in English and Hindi certified in basic and advance, Search & Rescue , Method of Instructions mountaineering courses from NIM, IMF or Hanifl Centre outdoor Education
- Ice Axe, Screw Gate
- Carabineers, rock pitons, ice pitons, snow stakes
- Rescue Ropes, Climbing Ropes, Snow bar
- Harness, Descended, Ascender, Ice Screw
- Radio Willkie Talkie for Communication
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items
- Personal Medicine kit