Black Peak Expedition
Black Peak Expedition the most popular Expedition in Himalayas INDIA
Black Peak Expedition which is known as Kalanag Expedition. It is one of the best expeditions which has become most preferred expedition today.
Climbing this mountain is everyone’s dream. It’s is situated in Uttarkashi district of Uttarakhand. This is connected to Swargarohini peak and Bandarpoonch. The height of this peak is 6387 Meter
The expedition starts from base camp Sankri. Ruinsara Tal and kyarkoti is the base camp of this trek. Its look like the Snake shape due to slope in front the snow does not stop. That’s why it looks black from the front. This is why it is called Kalanag peak.
The Black Peak Expedition in the local dialect is known as “Kala Nag” it is named so because top part of this peak resembles Black Cobra.
This is the highest peak in Saraswati Mountain Range Bandarpoonch at an altitude of 6,387 meters, near Ruinsara valley. Other peaks are Bandarpoonch (I) (6316 m) and Hanuman Parvat (Bandarpoonch II) (6,102 m).
Here together with Swargarohini and Bandarpoonch creates a beautiful mountain range. This expedition becomes more popular.
Who wants to climb the Mount Everest, it is very important that they have to do it first for experience and to increase the confidence level.
You come base camp Sankri for the Black Peak Expedition
This trek come under Govind Wildlife Sanctuary National park in Uttarkashi district Uttarakhand . No doubt, the Himalayas have enchanting beauty, bracing climate and desirable soothing green meadow.
So, what else can be better than spending some days here in the serenity! This expedition starts from base camp and you will go through Taluka, Osla, Devsu Bugyal and Runsar tal .
On the way of Devsu Bugyal you see beautiful flowers and different types flora and fauna, and different types animals like snow leopard, goat etc.
The Climb is Technical in Black Peak Expedition
En route cross glaciers and tree lines, the challenges are – 75 feet ice wall and a gradient of 70 degree. You have to technically cross the summit, it is only chosen by the professional climbers to scale the top and for adventurous sojourn.
Key Points of Black Peak Expedition
- Level: – Technical, Difficult, or Challenging
- During the trek, proper conditioning & training of body is required.
- In addition, need of proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature
- Furthermore, shoes are the single most important equipment.
- High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
- Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
- In addition, the backpack should not exceed 15 kg.
- Alcohol and smoking is not allowed in during the Expedition
- need to proper knowledge of technical claiming equipment
Key Points of Black Peak Expedition
- Duration: –15 Nights 16 Days – from Dehradun to Dehradun
- Base camp: – Sankri
- Temperature: – Day (5°C to 8 °C) Night (-2° C to 6° C) Night (-2° C to -10° C ), Above
- Black Peak – Altitude: – 6,387 Meter
- Best Time: – After 2nd week of May, June, September, and October
- Expedition Level: – Technical, Difficult, or Challenging
- Group Size: – Need to Minimum Group sized 4 people maximum 10 people
Please carry the documents given below
Original and photocopy of government photo identity card- (Aadhar Card, Driving License, Voters ID, etc,
Passport and Visa important to foreigners
Medical Certificate (First part should be filled by the Doctor and Second part by the Trekker)
Note: – Many trekkers commit the same mistake of carrying unnecessary items on a trek which only makes the backpack heavy. It is important to know the right items to carry.
It differs from season to season if you are trekking in summers then carry less layers of warm clothing and if you are trekking in winters carry enough layers to protect yourself against chilly cold.
Black Peak Expedition (6387m)
Expedetion : Dehradun to Dehradun
Day 1 - Arrive in Dehradun and transfer to Sankri
Day 2 - Drive from Sankri to Taluka and trek to Seema (2700M)
Day 3 - Seema to Ruinsara Tal (3350M)
Day 4 - Ruinsara Tal to Kyarkoti (Base Camp) (3500M)
Day 5 - Rest day at Kyarkoti Base Camp
Day 6 - Base Camp to Advanced Base Camp (4600M)
Day 7 - ABC to Camp 1 (5100M) and back to ABC (Load Ferry at Camp 1)
Day 8 - ABC to Camp 1 (5100M)
Day 9 - Camp 1 to Summit Camp (5500M)
Day 10 - Summit camp to Summit attempt (6387M)
Day 11 - Reserve Day
Day 12 - Summit Camp to Base camp (3500M)
Day 13 - Kyarkoti Base camp to Ruinsara Tal (3350M)
Day 14 - Ruinsara Tal to Seema (2700M)
Day 15 - Seema to Taluka and drive to Sankri
Day 16 - Drive from Sankri to Dehradun
- Accommodation in Hotel on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and Dinner
- Good Experience Local Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items
- Personal Medicine kit