Panwali Kantha (Bugyal)
Panwali Kantha ( Bugyal )
Panwali Kantha trek is one of the best Trek in Tehri Garhwal. It has high altitude meadows of Garhwal Himalayas. Apart from exhilarating bugyals, the varieties of flowers and herbs are fascinating about it. In the month of April and May the place is full of with Red and Pink Rhododendrons (a shrub or small tree of the heather family, with large clusters of bell-shaped flowers and typically with large evergreen leaves, widely grown as an ornamental).
However, the bonus for trekkers is most captivating views of Himalayan ranges. A beautiful view of the complete range of Yumnotri- Gangotri- Kedarnath- Badrinath mountain peaks makes you day. During the Snowfall, trekkers can view the snow covered peaks of Thalaysagar, Meru, Kirti Stambh, Kedar Dome, Kedarnath, Chaukhambha, Nilkanth, etc. The Sunset view from Panwali Kantha makes this place so special for trekkers.
This trek is situated along the old pilgrimage route from Gangotri to Sri Kedarnath. Here the trekkers find the remote areas villages, where one can see the life of Garhwal villages.You can see the lot of shepherds here during your trek who live between the Shivalik Ranges and the Great Himalaya.
Mountain Ranges Visible From Panwali Kanth (Bugyal)
Panwali Kantha (Bugyal) gives the most picturesque view of the Himalayan ranges. A beautiful view of the entire range of Yumanotri-Gangotri-Kedarnath-Badrinath mountain peaks makes your day. During snowfall, trekkers can witness the snow-capped peaks of Thalaisagar, Meru, Kirti Stambha, Kedar Dom, Kedarnath, Chaukhamba, Neelkanth etc. The sunset view from Panwali Kantha makes this place special for trekkers.
Panwali Kantha (Bugyal) Bird Watching and Animals
The Panwali Kanth (Bugyal) grasslands, in the northern Garhwal Himalayas, are home to many wild animals. So, if you are lucky, you can spot animals at high altitude like Bharal (blue sheep), Ghoral, Himalayan bear, Weasel and the rare musk deer.
Why you should go for Panwali Kantha (Bugyal) Trek
Panwali Kantha trek, you will see many beautiful viewable dev sites, beautiful mountains covered by green forest, green grains grow in the fields by the people who live in mountains, hill culture, and lots of mind-blowing images. Panwali Kantha trek from ghnsaali is all to walk, once there will be doubt in your mind to walk on foot, but once you traveled the whole journey here, you will have to want to go Panwali Kantha trek again and again.
Why to choose Panwali Kantha Trek?
- Before heading towards the itinerary, it is really essential to perceive the reason behind choosing Panwali kantha trek.
- See firstly, the trekking distance is a total of 41 km which is to be covered into 04 nights or 05 days from Dehradun to Dehradun. Yet, it comes under moderate level of easy to moderate because of the things that this trek has to offers. These are:
- You got to see so many heavenly bodies at one place like the panoramic view of the Himalayan ranges, meadows, lakes, pine forests, different variety of flora and fauna surpassing through bona fide Garhwali heritage and culture Ghuttu village range.
- During winter season, this fascinating Panwali kantha remains covered in snow and the white sheet of snow makes it look like a magical wide snow-land.
- And, in summers, the valley turns totally different and amusing because of meadows, wildflowers and woods blooming in different colors.
Key Points of Panwali Kantha Trek
Proper conditioning & training of body required
Need proper gear & clothing for sub-zero temperature?
Shoes are the single most important equipment.
High Altitude requires proper acclimatization.
Beautiful landscapes so carry good photo gear & Extra battery backup.
The backpack should not exceed 10kgs.
Highlights Of Panwali Kantha Trek
Duration: 5 Days from Rishikesh to Rishikesh
Best Season: – All years
Highest Point: 3500 meters
Weather: Nights are cold and day temperature is pleasant during the season.
Winter temperature: (0°C to -8°C)
Summer temperature: (10°C to 15°C)
Starting point: Dehradun
Panwali Kantha trek Costs – Per Person Rs. 9,999.00 Includes all costs of the trek from Rishikesh to Rishikesh, this is per person cost.
Short Itinerary Panwali Kantha trek
Day 1 – Pickup to you from Rishikesh drive to Ghuttu village (159.2 km)(7/8 Hours) (5100 feet) over night stay home stay
Day 2 – Trek from Ghuttu to Pobhagi (09 km) (5/6 Hours) (9500 feet)
Day 3 – Trek from Pobhagi to Panwali kantha (11,500 feet) and Raj Kharak (11 km) (7/8 Hours)
Day 4 – Trek from Raj Kharak to Gaurmanda (08 km) (4/5 Hours) (8965 feet)
Day 5 – Gaurmanda to Ghuttu (05 km) (2/3 Hours) same day drive to Rishikesh
- Forest Permit and entrance fee
- Accommodation in Hotel on twin share basis
- All meals: breakfast, packed lunch, tea, coffee, snacks, soup and Dinner
- Good Experience Local Trek Leader guide and Technical guide
- Medical Kit
- Oxygen Cylinders
- Personal Insurance
- Medical Certificate
- Personal toiletry Items
- Personal Medicine kit